Monday, March 31, 2014

The End?

Today marks the end....

The end of my weekend, the end of March, the end of the long hiatus from the MLB season, and the end of CBS's hit show for the past nine years, How I Met Your Mother.

My weekend went pretty well, in that I refused to do anything that had anything to do with what I would consider "work."  No house work, no going to work, no calling work, no nothing. Yesterday it snowed. Today it was sunny and 60, and absolutely gorgeous.  Gotta love the Mid-West weather, huh?  I got me a nice little treat today, watched the Detroit Tigers game, and listened to the Pittsburgh Pirates game. I went for a walk.  Or as I like to call I went on the sewer walk today. It's a good distance down a hill and back up and around again but the route smells SO bad you bring it home with you. Then I had a nice dinner and capped it off with CBS Mondays, which means the finale of How I Met Your Mother.

Honestly, I loved the finale.  I felt cheated with the almost ending, but I loved how the final scene went down. Some things didn't really make sense, but I think it was only my expectations that brought it down. Was it predictable? Probably. But it was everything I should have wanted it to be. More on it later when this isn't so new and it won't be a spoiler for anybody who reads this and might have missed it.

I think this weekend was relaxing enough to get back to the swing of things tomorrow. It's exciting to have a week of working my regular shift for the most part. I think I have one early day, but it's only an hour.

I'm just sitting here watching "All Dogs Go To Heaven" and trying to remember watching it as a kid. It's kind of funny because it's reminding me a lot of "An American Tail" and the kid Ann Marie is a little baby Snow White.

I am very distracted by the movie now. But as always, I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment