Monday, March 24, 2014

Boring is Good

Lately I've been having a hard time thinking of things to write about in my daily blogs.  I know they haven't been long or particularly noteworthy, but I still take everything I publish to this blog seriously.

Truth is, actually, life has been pretty boring lately.  But boring is good.  Now, yes, I did get dressed up today and it felt really good to dress in something other than a hoodie and jeans for a change.  It felt good because I feel good about where I am in life right now, I think.  And I did spend most of the day at work then went home when I had planned all day to go do some shopping.

I've been losing weight and working out lately and it's been improving more than just my physical self.  I've been feeling better, more confident, more in control of myself. I've found a way for me to be disciplined but not feel like I'm punishing myself.  I'm to the point now where I don't have to withhold fast food and soda to lose weight, and I have the self control to not eat out daily or have 3-4 cans of Coke a day. And I don't really see anybody outside of work, so it's not like I'm doing it to impress anyone.  I've just decided to take charge of my life.

I've been using my Roku to stream NetFit.TV right on my TV.  Carl Comeaux is an amazing trainer who pushes you without being "too tough."  He shapes your mind through the workouts and teaches you as well.  I owe my success mostly to myself for staying determined, but a huge thank you goes out to Carl for teaching me and encouraging me and making me feel like a person in the workout room. The motto is to always give your personal best, and when you give your personal best you will get the most results. I would like to encourage everyone to sign up, even if they just do the 30-day Free Trial and quit.  But I started with the 12-week Body Transformation program and am nearly done with Summer Shred. Trainers are available via e-mail on the website to answer questions and still offer encouragement on a personal level.

"Try and fail, but don't fail to try" is one of my favorite things Carl says during the workouts. I hope you give it a try, or at least look into it. I just want you to feel as great as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment