Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ironic Enough?

For whatever reason, my instincts have been telling me all day that I should try something amusing today. I don't really know why, but lately I have been toying with the idea of tweaking / updating the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette. I do not necessarily mean to satirize or plagiarize on her work, but merely publicly brainstorm how the song might work in the current day and age.

Is it Still Ironic?
based on music by Alanis Morrissette.

An old man turned 98
He learned to Skype and died the next day
It's a rufie in your hard lemonade
It's turning on Breaking Bad two minutes too late.
And isn't it ironic... don't you think?

Orrrrrr.... maybe I'll just crap out after the first verse.  I guess the point is that I tried, right?  And that since that has been stuck in my head pretty close to all day, I had to put it someplace.  It still got the creative juices moving a little bit.  And what more can you ask for?

Plus, now you're going to have Alanis Morrisette stuck in your head, so you're welcome, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment