Sunday, March 30, 2014

Have You Ever?

Have you ever:

- Felt like your life was probably somebody else's social experiment?
- Been to Opening Day for your local or favorite baseball team?
- Listened to Christmas Music on March 30th?
- Considered a day to be an Epic Fail even when you had no intentions?

To kind of piggy-back off yesterday's post, I'd like to see where I can go considering the first question I posed.  (All the questions where to hopefully put a spark in the air and maybe an idea would take off, but - much like trying to light peanut butter on fire - it's slow rolling).

I wonder what it would be like to feel like somebody's social experiment. Be it somebody you know, love, hate, don't know, or maybe even God Himself. I don't really know that I want to know.  But the good thing about it, I guess, is that you would never actually have to be held accountable for anything.  To be part of an experiment means that all things that happen were planned out, right?  A carefully prepared experiment would be in order if it were to be for social purposes? Consider a previous post of mine, the poem entitled "The Bird In the Bathroom Vent" under that microscope. Sure, maybe I just wanted to see how long you've been reading my blogs, but I think part of it is for me to show that I just saw this connection as well, and instead of writing a new poem (because we all know how painful it is for me to say "I wrote a new poem"), I
can revert to something that maybe I was trying to say before but can say a little better (or a little choppier) now.

I'd like to think that if there is some social experiment going on that I can mess with the evidence enough that one could only prove that random events can happen and nobody can conform to any particular lifestyle.  Everyone is who they are, and nobody else. Why would they want to be somebody else, who would want them to be, and if they were, they wouldn't be them. If we spend too much time thinking about what society wants from us, we're probably going to miss the big picture: What do WE want from us? Bottom line: whoever we have in our lives are people we choose. Whether or not they are good choices are left to be discovered.  That's why we have free will.  But the people that we choose also chose us, or at least we hope they do, or you might end up hitch-hiking home from a prom you didn't want to attend.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank those of you who've been stopping by lately. It's about half way to Easter now and I've ....ROUGHLY... been able to blog every day or account for every day with some sort of posting.  Lately it has been tough -- for example, Friday, when I got out of work, came home and napped, went back to work with time to do a little gaming on Facebook, went back to work, came home, collapsed in the chair for the U of M game, then was in bed by 9:30.  But I'm human.

Tomorrow is Opening Day for most baseball teams.  Somebody played tonight, but I was too busy ...listening to Christmas music... to turn that on.  It has been some sort of "epic fail" today, even though I intended to do absolutely nothing all day.  Here's hoping I can watch some good baseball tomorrow. Gonna have to get some baseball themed snacks while I'm out tomorrow. If I do my shopping / errands early enough, I can be home in time for the games I want to watch...which probably all start at 1:05.

Oh yes, I did  (when you get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment