Thursday, April 17, 2014

When Excuses Fail

"I just don't feel like it" can only take you so far in life.  I mean, if everything you don't feel like doing doesn't get done on account of "I don't feel like it," then nothing would ever get done, no accomplishments would be made, and nothing would ever move forward.  And I guess it can be argued that not everybody wants to move forward...that even progress can be subjected to "I don't feel like it," but where does even that get you? Progressively further away from the point where you felt like doing things, wanted to do anything, etc.  So where does apathy come in? I mean, just because you don't feel like doing something doesn't mean you don't care about it....does it?   Or maybe it does. I don't really know.  Just something I've been dealing with this month, I guess.  I haven't felt like doing much of anything. And it wasn't that I didn't want to, I just didn't feel like I had any motivation to.  And I can't even believe that April has nearly gone by. Time is moving incredibly fast, I guess. And I just want to dig my heels in and say, "Wait for me!" but I don't really see that happening.

Cue, Boston. And Boston. And Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment