Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Never Say Never

However many years ago, when I heard that Justin Beiber released a song called "Never Say Never," I was unbelievably upset to find out that this child star had not re-done on of the coolest songs, second only to "Somewhere Out There," from the greatest movie ever: An American Tail.  I, of course, refused to listen to this or any other song of his based solely on this disapproved trick of a song title.

I mean, who can compete with a duet sung by a mouse and some pigeons?  Certainly not Justin Beiber.

I really only wanted to say one small thing today, and probably a really big thing tomorrow.  I've structured myself as a person to do things in my time and at my pace as much as possible, and I've been preparing mentally the post that will likely happen tomorrow, and I only hope it comes out in black and white the same as it is internally.  

But today, folks, all I want to tell you is....  Don't be who you think others want you to be....they don't know you any better than YOU know you.....and the people who really love YOU....don't love their perceptions of you, they unconditionally love the person you ARE.  And that's why you should never say "never."  Because you don't know what you're "never" going to be able to accomplish....but it won't happen if you don't try.  My phone sent me a fortune cookie today that read: Don't be afraid to try new things. The ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals. Sounded pretty solid to me.

And for the record, if I didn't spell Justin Beiber right (three times now), I don't think it will hurt my feelings or his. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment