Saturday, April 12, 2014

One Week

In one week, I will have to make a decision. I made the decision on March 5 to blog daily as my lent project. I gave up "not blogging every day," technically.  I've found that even though I sometimes post a little after midnight and my general "post time" is between 11pm and midnight I still find the time I put effort into doing these daily blogs.  And even on days where all I have to offer is a "journal" type entry, it's still writing, and that's what I wanted to do with my life.

I guess I bring that up to acknowledge that Holy Week starts tomorrow.  I'm going to make my "Celebration of Betrayal" post an annual thing. Last year, I posted it on Facebook in a note on Palm Sunday, and I feel like it is something I wouldn't mind having as a tradition. I'm pretty proud of it. But you'll see that tomorrow.

I think I might go to my bar and watch the final game of the regular season for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  If I watch the Red Wings game and the Bruins game, it will be the second consecutive day I watched three hockey games in one day. I did that today. Pens, Bruins, and Blue Jackets. With seven minutes left and the game in favor of Columbus, it is looking like the Jackets will meet the Pens in the first round of the playoffs. ....which means the Red Wings will meet the Bruins. I think I will save my opinions, predictions, and "pretending I know a thing or two about hockey" for a blog next week where I can compile all my thoughts for all the series match ups. I just have to remember to go back and fill out my bracket on NHL.com (come on, are you really surprised?)

As always, "it's a great day for hockey."

No comments:

Post a Comment