Thursday, April 3, 2014

One Of Those Weeks

Have you ever had one of those days where you just don't feel like getting out of bed?  Where everything you do should be able to be done from the comfort of your pajamas, or the convenience of a dream in the middle of the afternoon?   Have you ever just been so run down from a lack of running around that you feel absolutely lost, aimless, goalless, and overall tired?

I'm finding myself in the midst of an entire week like that.  Last week was so jam packed that I couldn't tell up from down, work from home, or hockey from basketball.  This week things fell so back to normal that I constantly have been feeling like I'm missing something. But what I found happened is that instead of my body going into slow down mode, it went into shut down mode.

For the first time since November, I have not done my workout program at all this week. I find this absolutely shameful, since last week I worked an extra day and managed to do the workouts every single morning, which is a feat I had not accomplished at all during this particular program. Last week, I found time to eat something....anything.... but this week, nothing sounds good. I haven't even felt hungry, and today is Thursday going on Friday.

I feel absolutely exhausted, and I'm giving myself this week off from exercise, a week of dissonance at work, a week of re-fueling. This week was going to be week 6 of 6 for my workout program. I would've been able to take a more meaningful hiatus next week.  Oh well, you can't change the past, right? I'll make it up next week and figure out my next plan of action.  But what I think is pretty cool is that as run down as I got, and my body feels like it is shutting down hopefully to recharge, not to get insanely sick, I have still managed to blog this week daily. Better, almost, than I have in previous weeks.  I am particularly proud of my April Fool's post. And I think that where I am in m life, I'm happy that the commitment I made to blogging was the one I was able to keep.  I hope that soon I will have some creative writing things to share instead of just journaling. My intent wasn't to make this a journal, but I did also intend to avoid having a thematic blog, so I guess it fits just perfectly.

I've also noticed that Altoids appear to make me nauseous. That seems very much on the oxymoron side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment