Monday, April 14, 2014

A Case Of The Mondays

It's an awkward thing, isn't it?  Mondays.  They have such an indescribable power over people. The first day of the work week ... should it be that rough?

Well, for me, I don't work on Mondays.  But I did today.  And I got a taste of what is probably considered the "case of the Mondays."  I went to make copies.  After debating, the number 25 sounded like the right way to go.  Why is it, then, that when I went to punch in "25" first of all nothing happened?  Well, naturally, the copy machine was set to "Fax."  Quick fax fix, punch copy, then hit 2-3.  Wait, what?  Whoops.  Oh well, 23 still rounds up to 25, right?

Then, after my duties were just about finished, it starts pouring down rain.  Yep, apartment windows are open.  The difference there is... when I got home, both blinds were shut so there was no problem and I kept the windows open for most of the day

So I get home, hop on the computer to peruse the internet like I always do.... and all of a sudden, my computer doesn't want to type letters.  Every time I hit F the find box came up in the corner, none of the other letters did anything.   Turns out all you have to do to fix that is hit the control key.  Glad I figured that one out before I had to involve the Geek Squad.

But Mondays aren't really that problematic, are they?  I mean....cool things can happen on Mondays too?  I mean most of the time I don't work, so that takes half the battle out of the equation already, right?  I don't think the day of the week has a whole lot to do with it though.  Because going back to work on Tuesdays (normally) feels just about as rough.  But in certain lines of work, every day feels like "Monday."  I know in my job, you don't take a single day for granted, especially a slow one where you can afford to have an oops, because that is never guaranteed.  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed in life, let alone work, so I guess we should at least be grateful we have jobs to screw up at on Mondays, right? It's like that song says... "oblah di oblah dah life goes on"  (yeah I heard that on the radio today, not kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment