Tuesday, April 8, 2014

We are the CTFxC

I don't know what's going on in the Internet world.  I try to keep to myself -- at least when it comes to trying to have my own unbiased and uninfluenced opinion when things happen, I only try to find the source of the information and go from there.

So today's topic is one that I feel falls in a category of "publicly private."  As you may or may not know, one of my past times includes watching a few daily vlogs on YouTube. I primarily follow the CTFxC, which is "The Charles Trippy Friend (x) Core."  The Trippy Family (Charles, Alli, Zoey, Marley, and the newly acquired Chico) has been vlogging for over 1800 days straight and currently hold the Guinness World Record for most consecutive days of vlogging.

Today's vlog announced the "publicly private" news that the couple is separating.  Now, I understand this is a "So what" kind of thing to those of you who don't watch the vlogs.  I understand that you probably don't care, and as such, I don't expect you to follow this particular post.  But, on the off chance that members of the CTFxC come across this blog, I feel like I want to put my thoughts out there.  (and it's my blog and I can do what I want to ha)

We Are The CTFxC

Charles, Alli, you're both two of the most inspirational people in my life. To see you go through the trials of life day in and day out, especially as "the nasty C word" has been draining every last bit of energy you have, you've persevered to keep us in the loop.

You've found ways to be positive, Charles, as you've gotten sick...the trauma of seizures when you don't know they're coming or why they chose you of all people to hang on to.  You've turned to us for positive re-enforcement and I hope that you continue to get the positive vibes from this FAMILY you've created over the internet.  Yes, YOU. You say all the time about how this started off as kind of a joke, and you're surprised how big it got.

And Alli, you've been so kickass when it comes to supporting Charles.  With the band, and getting sick, everything.  And most recently your compassion has shown through with what I can best call "The Chico Story." You're a great person who gives everything you've got and puts it all into everything you put your mind to.

It sickens me that not very long ago (days...well, nights I suppose makes more sense) I had a dream that you guys weren't getting along...that things weren't going well, and you were splitting up.  That made today's vlog a little hard to swallow.  But that's how much you guys mean to me, I guess.  You're in my dreams literally and not in this big spotlight "better than the average joe" type thing either. You guys are ... real ... and it's refreshing in this world where all we need is a "normal" role model.

But we are the CTFxC, and Alli, you're a big part of it -- with or without the "T." I sincerely hope that the bond is still there for you to hang out and be friends.  I applaud you both for the maturity you have had in this announcement.  And as a person who has seen their fair share of married friends bicker and bicker and bicker (etc., etc., etc.) I'm thankful that you were able to keep that away from us.  They say "ignorance is bliss" and as much as I hate to believe it, it's especially true here with "we have no back story."

I feel impartial here.  Unbiased, and I will love you both equally and continue to subscribe, view, and thumbs up your vlogs, posts, videos, and lives as a whole. And though I doubt you'll actually read this, and I doubt many members of the CTFxC will either, I just want to put my uninfluenced two cents out there. But, please, don't say you're sorry or anything like that.  You don't owe us that.  Your internet life and your personal life are allowed to be different, and you are allowed to be you. You're allowed to do what's right for you. And we like you for you (Hey, Leonardo). Because you're REAL.

Love and Support and still looking forward to everything y'all still have to offer. And offering anything y'all need from a friend in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment