Friday, April 11, 2014

This is your fair warning

People that know me pretty well know that I am about to become an absolute neurotic mess.  In less than one week, the NHL playoffs will begin. I go absolutely off the deep end every year when the playoffs start.  I used to work at a home that had 3 TVs. I had 2 of them on different hockey games and had my TV on CBC for when I got out of work so I wouldn't miss any more hockey than I had to.  Since the Red Wings have been in the playoffs for the past 23 years consecutively, I also had my radio preset to the hockey game so I only had to turn my vehicle on to be tuned back in.

I now have a record setting short distance between work and home.  However, I don't have cable.  I do, however have a Penguins team that topped the division, which means I can head to the local bar and get my traditional hockey game meal.  And you may or may not be hearing about hockey every single day for the next two months. I can't tell the future, but I have seen my past.

Just don't say I didn't warn you. This doesn't mean don't stop by.  Just be prepared, if you feel the need, to "fast forward" past what will likely be a daily update on the games I caught, along with a potential transition into baseball.  But, I will continue to add specks of creative writing and other things like I have been.

If you see me in person, good luck to you, ha.  You're better off asking me what's going on in hockey to get it out of my system.  I would be better off that way too since you will likely be the only person to ask me.  I'm not talking to any specific person here, but on any given day I only see 2-3 people. That will change when I frequent "my bar" for the playoffs.  But if the Wings play the Pens in Round 1, I might a) be a nervous wreck b) go to the Trib Big Screen (provided I can FIND the daggone thing) c) listen to the games on the radio at home (that way if I wear my Datsyuk jersey it won't get me kicked out of my bar).  

No comments:

Post a Comment