Sunday, April 6, 2014

Playoff Picture

I'm spending this Sunday evening watching the Columbus Blue Jackets steamroll the New York Islanders.  It's been a pretty good game -- fights, power plays, power play goals, and several Ohioan commercials.  Columbus is a young team and they are dominating a team from New York, which is enough for me.  Never hurts to root for the little guy.

If the season ended today, the Blue Jackets would be in the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. With any luck, they can hop into #7, Detroit to #6, and Philly to #8 or lower... I would rather see somebody I want to lose play against Boston in the first round.  I'm not saying I would hate to see the Penguins win, but I don't get upset if they lose.  I really haven't followed them this year. Not by design, I just normally catch Pens games at work and haven't been able to this year due to Family Feud being apparently an integral piece of the evening. I'm not bitter.  I went to see them play this pre-season, so that was worth giving up the televised regular season.  And I will soon be reunited with an overabundance of trips to the local pub to watch games and eat BLTs. Yes, I have a playoff hockey tradition. I can't wait for playoffs to start!

This just in, the Jackets have SHUT OUT the Islanders 4-0.  Now to put a regular old Penguins Fan hex on the Flyers.  (pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!)  ....and watch some House, M.D. on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment