Friday, February 27, 2015

Cleaning Always Makes You Feel Dirty

They say for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, right? That's one of the basic laws of physics or something. So what? (Or So....what? I guess it's all about inflection isn't it?) I always feel like when I clean the dirt doesn't really go away, it just attaches itself to me. As such "I clean" would have the equal and opposite reaction of "Therefore I become dirty." Right? I guess the dirt has to go somewhere.  And with that thought, it seems I'm going nowhere.

Not sure what kind of road block I've been experiencing lately, but things feel very much like a purgatory scenario. I'm not necessarily "in between jobs" but I feel like the transition isn't flowing very well. I'm not particularly sure what to do with time off, even if it's not a LOT of time off. And I'm not particularly sure what to do when I'm not off. It's like I'm expecting a learning curve but there is none, and the equal and opposite reaction there is I'm not learning anything.

I think I'm going to start a "writing prompt" challenge next week. Ironically, given my new schedule, I suspect that next week could mean any time between tomorrow and Monday or Tuesday. Maybe I should just say I think I'm going to start a writing prompt challenge soon. No commitments. That sounds more doable.

I think it's time to bring back the accountability chief.

My hockey teams have been playing out west this week. That's been exciting. Well, not as exciting as the fact that it's time to consider whether or not I'm going to re-subscribe to MLB.TV this year. Spring training is getting going, which means with the subscription I can watch Spring Training exhibition games. I wish more things were free. That would make them easier to consider.

It might also be easier to think about baseball when it's not minus-anything degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment